Friday 27 March 2015

Ancillary Texts

This is the advert that would feature in a magazine to promote the album which features the song in my music video. 
I have included all the information that is conventional for a magazine advert; 
  • the album and band name in large text
  • the release date
  • social networking details 
  • details on formats in which the album can be purchased



This is the digipak that I have created for the CD of the album.  As is conventional for the real band that created the song Porcelain, there are no images of the band in any of the ancillary texts.  I have included screenshots from the video as well, as I feel this helps to tie the products together.





Alongside the magazine advert and digipak, I've mocked up some adverts to be placed in other places.  I've made use of one of the images that I took as it's a landscape image, perfect for a bus advert or a billboard.  There is still a sense of cohesion between these adverts and the other products because there is continuous imagery such as the moon and the image of Maia.  I have also used the same font and colour scheme to create cohesion.


No comments:

Post a Comment