Thursday 20 November 2014

Mise-en-scene Moodboard

I have created another moodboard to further consolidate the type of imagery I want to include in my final product as my ideas have developed.
Moodboards help me a lot because it helps me to create an overall image of how I want my product to look as a whole through the use of lots of individual images.  This way, I know the types of specific imagery and shots I need to include in my video to achieve the whole desired look.

I have covered most of the elements of mise-en-scene and a few which inspire how I'm going to have the cinematography.  For example; close ups of the crying eyes to put emphasis on the emotion of my character while also creating a visually pleasing shot; different angled shots of a girl sleeping (bottom right) which is possibly how I will film my character when she is dreaming.  I also quite like the costume of the girl in these shots.  The delicate fabrics make her seem more vulnerable and delicate which is how I want her to be portrayed. 

The shots of the glitter and the kaleidoscope images and the images of the burning cigarette and the skull represent the abstract shots within her hallucinations.  The nice shots show how the drugs are making her feel, temporarily, where as the shots of the cigarette and the skull represent the obvious horrible, permanent consequences to her lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment