Thursday 20 November 2014

Location 1 - Bedroom


This is a shot of the first location I've secured; the spare room in my house.  This is for several reasons
  1. The decor (or lack thereof) is good as I want a drab, bare room to portray the poor living standards of my protagonist
  2. It's in my own house, meaning that it's easily accessible and there are no real obstacles for filming.  
  3. The only 'issue' would be getting my actress there, as she doesn't live near me.  However I will pay for her transport to my house on the days of filming.  I'm also hoping to get the bedroom scene filmed in one maximum two days so this should be no major issue.  
I will obviously have to make the room look more like a bedroom, so the right props will be used.  I will probably use my mattress on the floor next to the radiator as a bed.  This way I will have natural light coming in through the window for the scenes filmed during the day, helping to achieve the Li Hui inspired look I'm going for.  I also have a stand-alone clothes rail which will be better than putting a wardrobe in there.  This will save space which, as you can tell by the photo, is limited.  It will also create more verisimilitude as the girl is poor therefore probably can't afford a proper wardrobe to hang her clothes in.  Furthermore, all her clothes will be visible to the audience, so I'll just hang a few items on it to show that she has few material possessions.  I was considering having a kettle and gas camping cooker in there too, to show that this room is all she has as she can't even afford a proper flat with a kitchen (similar to Give me Love).  However, I realised there is no water outlet in the room so this doesn't make any sense as she wouldn't have water to boil in the kettle, hence disrupting the verisimilitude.  

No comments:

Post a Comment