Thursday 20 November 2014

Outfit moodboard


Here is a moodboard for how I want my main character to look.  Overall, I want her to have the look of being run down, poor, apathetic and drab.  This will be achieved through the chipped nail varnish, smudged makeup, ripped clothes, messy hair and dry lips.  The colours are also quite dull, reflecting her emotional state.  I have chosen the white, thin top, which she will be wearing while asleep, to reflect her vulnerability and fragility. 

However, I want her past to be shown through the locket and the hair ribbon; symbols of her youth, innocence and happiness. The locket symbolises her yearning for the happiness of her past as they normally have photos of loved ones in them.  In her locket there will be a photo of her mum/parents and her partner, linking to the lyrics 'are you missing the love of your kin?' which I have already picked apart in my lyrics analysis.  The locket could also connote luxury (considering how poor the character is) implying that it was a present or a keepsake from a happier, better time. The pink hat reinfoces this as pink is a rosy, youthful colour, also representing this side of her character in a subtle way.

No comments:

Post a Comment